Saturday, November 8, 2008

Halloween!

Trick or Treat smell my feet, give me something good to eat!  If you don't I don't care, I'll pull down your underwear!  UGGGH! My kids have been saying this nonstop!! I will admit it was cute the first few times - as cute as those fun things picked up on the school bus can be- but it's starting to drive me crazy!!  

I have decided that Halloween gets more and more fun the older your little ones get.  This was definately the best so far!  Dylan and Sicily were both so excited to wear their costumes to school, dance, etc....and their excitement was totally rubbing off on me!  They kept asking me all day "what are you and dad being for halloween?"  finally I decided that If I am going to ever be the fun mom I have always wanted to be - this involves dressing up on halloween.  So, in the last few minutes before the trunk or treat I threw together a doctors uniform and whipped out my mad halloween make-up (an old family recipe:) skills so Mikael could go as my patient.  Much to his excitement - you who know him well can imagine!  He groaned and grumbled the whole time until he looked in the mirror!  He wouldn't fully admit it but I could tell he knew he looked pretty KILLER!




where is my sweet little blonde boy?


Last year Sis wanted to be a pink flamingo...this year she insisted on being a peacock.  
I'm starting to think she has a weird bird obsession!  I will give her this though...she has a seriously fun imagination, I hope she never
 changes!

   

7 comments:

Ormeeheads said...

Where did you get the peacock costume? It is so cute. I love the makeup job, it rocks.

Mandi said...

impressive talents you have my friend. Looks good. YOu are a fun mom, Kallie made me buy a witch hat at the store the day before halloween so I could be a witch with her yipee!!

Garth and Alicia said...

Very fun! Halloween is so much fun. I'm glad you and Mikael dressed up too. And yes-I can imagine his groans. That part made me laugh.
Your kids looked great! That little peacock is darling. And dracula is sooo scary.

Carlie said...

Sicily's costume is so cute! I loved her little belly in it. Way to do on beating Mikael up too! That was really impressive. :)

Robyn said...

You should be an artist! The makeup jobs you did were fabulous! Sicily's costume is amazing! I can't believe you made it! Oh wait...yes I can because YOU ARE amazing!

Millertime Madness said...

I loved Sissy's peacock outfit! YOu did such a great job- so creative with the felt! ! Way to go- maybe next year she will be a pigeon who wants to stay up late and drive a bus! haha !

Megan and Shawn said...

I love the costumes, you are too cute and such a good mom. How are you feeling?? Hopefully I'll get to see you at Christmas.