Today we visited the New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks. Evan LOVES airplanes "aptas" & helicopters "helicadacadas" and didn't stop talking about them once we mentioned going! Our library has this great program where you can reserve passes to many attractions, and the state parks and museums. It is such a great deal! The museum was awesome and the kids loved it! We were just about the only ones there which is always fabulous when you're dealing with a toddler you can't tie down!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Just being Evy
BBQ @ the Collins'
Swim lessons w/ teacher Gracie
Mets game in NY
Cars 2 @ the drive - in
Dinosaur bones @ the Children's Museum
July 4th carnival
July has been a month of adjusting. The feeling of being on an extended "vacation" has subsided and left us all getting used to the "oh, we LIVE here now!" :) Mikael just finished up his first semester out here, and he's going to kill me for saying it, but with a 4.0! Are you surprised...ya, me either!
I was thinking the other day about how ten years ago, I never would have guessed where I'd be today and how life is full of surprises. I'm really proud of Mikael for the choices he's made - he has really stepped outside his comfort zone! I'm so grateful for his growing up on the farm and the lessons he learned there. I am absolutely positive it's why he has been so successful with school. The guy has some serious time management skills!
We are beginning to get used to our surroundings and I am very proud to say that I made it all the way to the gym and back yesterday without using my GPS! Baby steps, Baby steps! It really is crazy thick with trees out here though, and you really can't see ANYTHING - so don't judge!:)
The kiddos just finished up swimming lessons which they loved! I was so proud of them and loved watching them grow everyday! They both made huge progress with their backstrokes and dives! We've been spending a lot of time at the beach, the gym, the pool, and Mikael's done a lot of Mt. biking....we're learning there's a lot more free time when you don't know everyone! Last night Mikael and Dylan were able to go to a Mets game in NY and they had a great time!
We are headed to DC this week and are SO excited to see family! We get to see Matt & Arlee's family and Aunt Kathy will be there also! Can't wait!
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
While at the beach I couldn't help but fall in love with my girls all over again! They are as opposite as can be. Maybe that will change as Evan gets older but it was so funny to watch! Evan wanted nothing to do with the water- she barely put her big toe in and didn't want anything touching her. Meanwhile, I look out in time to catch Sicily making herself a sea weed bikini! Gotta love her!!!
Well, we did it! We made our way out East and are starting to get settled into our new abode. Mikael had to start school the middle of May, so he headed out three weeks before the rest of us. Patsy was kind enough to brave the flight out here with the kids and I, and spend a week helping us get settled in. She saved my life!!! There is no way I could have made it through the airports and got all of the cleaning and unpacking done so fast without her help. Mikael is already approaching his first final next week and has managed to ace every test so far! He rolls his eyes and says its only the beginning, but he really is just that smart! The kids are adjusting (some better than others) but already we have met amazing people and are excited about the year we get to spend in this place! Sicily hasn't blinked an eye, she talks about her friends but she is really excited to explore the East coast. Dylan still hates us for taking him away from Ethan & Bridger, but I think with time this place will grow on him. Mikael tells me this move will give Dylan confidence to branch out when he's older, but my heart still breaks for him. He misses home, and anyone that knows him knows how he likes things to be just right. I am excited for him to see the history that is out our front door. I think when he's older and studies these places, he'll appreciate the experience.
After days of cleaning and unpacking we took Patsy and the kids down to the Rocky Neck beach and then up to Mystic to see the seaport. While in Mystic, we stopped at Five Guys and enjoyed some fries right out of Papa's warehouse in Idaho! It made us feel close to home:) It was a beautiful beach and a beautiful day. I was drooling over all of the Nantucket homes and architecture. It has always been my absolute favorite, and being a designaholic, I was in heaven. I have already picked out my new home on the beach - I better get to work! :)
I was a little nervous to let Patsy go and begin real life again, but we are having a good time! We are in the cutest little town full of friendly people and lots of outdoor adventures. Oh, which reminds me...The third or fourth day we were here we had a HUGE and by that I mean HUGE thunder and lightning storm. We were all a bit nervous after the tornadoes they've had just miles from here in Massachusetts. Anyways, not more than five minutes after the storm passed...here comes a black bear moseying down our driveway and across our yard! Being only two hours from New York City, I thought I had left the West for the big city! I grew up right next to West Yellowstone and never saw a bear that close! It was awesome, but I'm glad my munchkins were all inside. I later found out this isn't a rarity around here! I am in the woods! I can't even see past my yard through the trees but I am right up the road from the best shopping! It is really weird! One thing that has been hard to adjust to are the roads. They are narrow and winding and it takes 25 minutes to go 9 miles - but, wow it is beautiful! It's not the Tetons, but...ya know! :)
Sunday, July 5, 2009
YES, I REALIZE MANY OF YOU HAVE GIVEN UP ON ME! ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS 3 KIDS! WOW I AM A BUSY WOMAN THESE DAYS! I REALLY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START WITH THIS BUT HERE IS A BRIEF RUNDOWN OF WHAT HAS HAPPENED IN OUR LIVES IN THE PAST 9 MONTHS.....
- DECEMBER - MIKAEL GRADUATED FROM BYU - I IN NURSING
- JANUARY - SO SICK OF BEING PREGNANT, EXPERIENCED KIDNEY STONES AND MY FIRST KIDNEY INFECTION! BABY #3 IS SHOWING AN ABNORMAL HEART BEAT - SCARING MOM!
- FEBRUARY - EXPERIENCED 2ND KIDNEY INFECTION AND COAXED MY DR. INTO STARTING ME 2 WEEKS EARLY! THANK GOODNESS FOR THAT - EVAN ELIZABETH WAS BORN WEIGHING 8LBS. 6 OZ. WHEN SHE WAS BORN MY NURSE SAYS, "FORGET MILK, GET THIS GIRL A STEAK!" SHE WAS SO CHUBBY! WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE THE CAUSE FOR MY KIDNEY ISSUES, SHE WAS SITTING ON THEM!
- MARCH - LOVING BABY AND THANKFUL THAT HER HEART IS HEALTHY! I TURNED 27 (UUGH!) AND SICILY TURNED 5
- APRIL - WHOLE FAMILY STILL TOTALLY WRAPPED UP IN BABY! SHE IS THE BEST EVER! MIKAEL IS BUSY WORKING AT THE HOSPITAL AND SPRAYING FERT. AND ELDER'S QUORUM AND SEARCH AND RESCUE AND TAKING A COUPLE MORE CLASSES AT THE COLLEGE...OH, AND FIRST RESPONDERS CLASS...YEAH, WE DON'T SEE HIM MUCH THIS MONTH! SICILY FINISHES DANCE.
- MAY - DYLAN TURNS 7! WE CAN'T BELIEVE IT! TRIP TO UTAH WITH MY GIRLFRIENDS, FIRST CAMPING TRIP! PRESCHOOL GRADUATION!
- JUNE - SCHOOL'S OUT! RAIN, LOTS OF RAIN! WHICH I DON'T MIND BECAUSE THAT MEANS NO SPRAYING FOR MIKAEL! DYLAN'S BASEBALL GAMES! I RAN THE TETON DAM RELAY, WHICH IS ALWAYS FUN ( EVEN WHEN YOU'RE NOT VERY PREPARED!)
- JULY - YAY! HERE WE ARE! WE ARE LOVING THE SUMMER WEATHER AND MIKAEL IS LOVING HAVING SOME TIME TO FISH! I HAVE THE BEST BABY EVER! SHE IS HEALTHY, FAT, AND HAPPY! OUR COUSIN COLBY HAS NICKNAMED HER "HEAVY EVVY" WHICH I MUST SAY HAS A RING TO IT, BUT CANNOT STAY! SHE IS SO GREAT! WE HAVEN'T SLOWED DOWN A BIT AND SHE IS JUST HAPPY TO BE ALONG FOR THE RIDE! WHAT A GIRL! MIKAEL IS EXCITED TO BE AT EIRMC ON THE CARDIAC FLOOR AND TO HAVE A 3 DAY WORK WEEK! (HE IS DREAMING OF ELK AT NIGHT) IT HAS BEEN YEARS SINCE HE HAS HAD A FALL TO HUNT AND I AM EXCITED FOR HIM TO NOT BE IN SCHOOL! HE IS GETTING READY TO APPLY TO GRAD SCHOOL THIS FALL, BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS SMALL BREAK.
WHEW! SORRY, THAT WAS LONG!