Thursday, September 11, 2008

I warned you

When I started this blog I warned ya'll that I am no good at this and I realize it has been months since I updated.  So - now that we're all back in school and Fall (meaning snow in Idaho) is right around the corner - I better post a recap of our summer.  Here are a few highlights.......

mikael and dylan on a bike ride
old faithful with my sisters
cousins 
little monkey
Labor Day with Messingers - we spent Labor Day weekend in Island Park with my family.  It was so much fun to see my siblings that I NEVER see and the kids had so much fun playing with and getting to know their other cousins!





Bike trip over Bear tooth Pass...  We went on a bike trip to Red Lodge, MT with our sister in law Lindsay and her husband Landon.  It was a blast!  Red Lodge was such a fun little town.  While we were there we hit this totally ghetto saloon for a fun filled night of PIG RACING!(see video)  yeah, i didn't know there was such a thing!  from the outside this place looked pretty questionable but when you walked through the bar to the "race track" there were families everywhere.  It turns out that the saloon donates all the pig racing money to scholarships for the high school kids.....who knew!....only in Montana!!! 


Soccer games...Sicily played (aka ran around holding her coaches hand) this year and although she (we) made it through...I don't think it was exactly her thing!  She just started dance and seems to be loving it!  As I'm writing this I realized that I took video of Dylan playing baseball - but no pictures!


Dylan putting a fish hook completely through his hand! - OUCH  
I think this one pretty much explains itself.  



camping with the Miller's - we weren't able to go camping as much as we would have liked this summer but we did get a quick trip in with our Miller friends!  



"that's no etch- a- sketch, this is one doodle that can't be undid, home skillet!" Movie trivia...- Baby number 3! Actually, I thought I had food poisoning!  I woke up one morning sicker than I had ever been in my life! Turns out it was a baby!  Mikael just started laughing ( he had been wanting a baby for a while ).  everyone is very excited! Everyday Mikael rubs my belly (which is growing by the second) and says, "how is my little boy?" Neither one of us care either way, but he says he just thinks it's a boy.  We find out for sure in a couple of weeks... Oh, and today Sicily asked me if the extension cord (aka, umbilical cord) was hooked up in my belly yet? ha. ha.


Annual 24th of July redneck water party at Angell's.....always a good time! Max and Joy have a water/mud volleyball party every year and we always look forward to it.  they make a giant size water slide out of what i think is a hay tarp or something....anyways, it is a blast! Last year Joy had a snow cone machine and this year she outdid herself by having a cotton candy machine going for all the kids.  We love you guys and are looking forward to next year!


13 comments:

nalfia said...

your blog is really nice, love the pictures!

Garth and Alicia said...

Congrats on the baby on the way!! I was just thinking...I wonder if they are going to have another baby? Well...there you go. I'm so excited for you. Thanks for giving us all some updates. You look like you've had a great summer. I love your motocycle garb. What a hot little biker! Your kids are growing up so fast. I can't believe how big they are.

Kristen said...

Oh, I love the update...any update is a good one! YOur big family is so cute, I can't believe Matt and Zach, and heathers baby looks like he could be one of yours! I am lovin the biker gear as well. have you ever gone with Kirsten and her hubby they are bikers too!

Broc and Sam McArthur said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! It looks like you guys had a fun summer. We should all get together sometime, it seems like the only time we see you guys is at the Christmas party. Your kids are getting so big! You two look so cute in your motorcycle gear!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

Congrats on baby 3! That's really exciting!

The G-5+2 said...

It was so great to hear from you. Congrats on # 3, that is very exciting. Drop me an email sometime. julover81@gmail.com I would love to give you a better update on us and here more about what you have been up to.

cortney and neil said...

I am glad to see a new post. I loved all the photo's expecially the pee stick one. You crack me up. Lets have the girls play next week. Avery hates it that Mason is at school twice a week and she is all alone.

Mandi said...

Get out of Town, an update, you are kidding me!!! You make a way hot biker chick. Next Summer we are totally with you on that one, until then peace out cuz I am sure you won't post again until then!!!! Just Kidding!!

Bree said...

Yay for an update! :) Looks like you've been having lots of fun though! Congrats on baby #3!!! That's so exciting!!!!

Robyn said...

finally! I have checked your blog faithfully all summer for a new post! You are a bad blogger! Anyways, darling pictures...call me sometime id love to hang out even if its without the boys!
253-362-0554

Millertime Madness said...

Your biker pics are awesome! Bonnie told me about the extension story! Ha ha! It's too bad that summer is over but that means Halloween party is coming up !! Ahhh yeah!!! Hope school is going well

forbushcrazies said...

Congrats on the baby. Hope everything is going good. You need to pack your crap up one day and come see us in Omaha.

Megan and Shawn said...

I love the leather shaps - woo, woo! What a fun update, and I especially love the pregnancy picture - I'm so excited to have little buddies for Jack (someday we'll be close enough I hope). I died with the Jack Crap-O, yeah that's a tough one to change.