Wednesday, August 3, 2011

July happenings...




girl's day
Just being Evy


BBQ @ the Collins'
Swim lessons w/ teacher Gracie
Mets game in NY
Dylan's Panfish
Strawberry picking
Cars 2 @ the drive - in
Dinosaur bones @ the Children's Museum

July 4th carnival

July has been a month of adjusting. The feeling of being on an extended "vacation" has subsided and left us all getting used to the "oh, we LIVE here now!" :) Mikael just finished up his first semester out here, and he's going to kill me for saying it, but with a 4.0! Are you surprised...ya, me either!
I was thinking the other day about how ten years ago, I never would have guessed where I'd be today and how life is full of surprises. I'm really proud of Mikael for the choices he's made - he has really stepped outside his comfort zone! I'm so grateful for his growing up on the farm and the lessons he learned there. I am absolutely positive it's why he has been so successful with school. The guy has some serious time management skills!
We are beginning to get used to our surroundings and I am very proud to say that I made it all the way to the gym and back yesterday without using my GPS! Baby steps, Baby steps! It really is crazy thick with trees out here though, and you really can't see ANYTHING - so don't judge!:)
The kiddos just finished up swimming lessons which they loved! I was so proud of them and loved watching them grow everyday! They both made huge progress with their backstrokes and dives! We've been spending a lot of time at the beach, the gym, the pool, and Mikael's done a lot of Mt. biking....we're learning there's a lot more free time when you don't know everyone! Last night Mikael and Dylan were able to go to a Mets game in NY and they had a great time!
We are headed to DC this week and are SO excited to see family! We get to see Matt & Arlee's family and Aunt Kathy will be there also! Can't wait!

No comments: